According to a study performed by the National Aging In Place Council, 66% of elderly fall victims will fall again within 6 months. Thankfully, there are ways of preventing it from happening to you. At Home Services Direct, we strongly believe that your home should be a place of safety and security, not worry. Through our Aging In Place division, our job is to help make home improvement modifications to your home in order to allow you to remain there in safety and security. Plus, with our NAHB Aging In Place Certification, combined with over 30 years of experience as general contractors, we’re the clear choice when it comes to providing services to help with all of your aging in place and accessible living needs.
Modify Your Chicago Home to Suit Your Need As You Grow Older
Through a few kitchen remodel modifications, we can increase safety in your kitchen and make it a more accessible part of your home. Some of the features in our customizable kitchens are:
- Variable height countertops
- Increased access to sinks, cabinets, appliances
- Levered door handles make doors easier to open
- Storage spaces moved to counter height for greater convenience
- Smooth flooring to decrease the risk of tripping
- Improved floor plans that add more space
- Improved storage options like pull-down shelves and adjacent counters
We can also provide widened doors and passageways for easier wheelchair accessibility, non-glare lighting and anti-scald valves in sinks.
Call Home Services Direct for More Information on Accessibly Kitchen Design
Getting older doesn’t mean that you have to lose the home you worked hard for. Contact us today to learn how we can help with kitchen remodeling that will make you happy!