Depending on the decade of course (lime green toilets or orange shag anyone?), the lowest cost items that can really give it an updated look:
1. Replacing outdated light fixtures.
2. Paint yellow toned metals (A brass fireplace insert looks amazing painted oil rubbed bronze!).
3. Add or replace crown molding, base or trim.
4. Replace plumbing fixtures/appliances.
5. Paint or replace dated cabinets and add new countertops.
If you need design ideas for your home, contact us for a free in-home consultation with our design team. Anything you can dream up (or even if you need help with the dreaming!), Home Services Direct can build!